With so many pet foods available, it can be difficult to pick the right food for your pet.
Here are some things to remember when looking for a good quality food:
- Recipe is kept the same so you know exactly what ingredients you are feeding your pet
- High quality, traceable and sustainable ingredients
- High digestibility diets = less food needed = less output = bag lasts longer
- Consider cost per day NOT cost per bag. Poor quality diets require the pet to eat more, good quality foods may seem more costly per bag, but when worked out and weighed properly the cost per day is often very similar to what you currently pay
- No added salt, fat, sugar which are used in low quality foods to enhance palatability
- No artificial colourings or flavourings
- Always switch diets gradually
- Allow at least 2 weeks of a new food before deciding the pet won't eat it
Our nursing team will be happy to advise you on the best diet for your pet, taking into consideration their age, breed, size and any medical conditions among other factors.
We stock a variety of foods and if we don't have what you're after we will be able to obtain it for the following working day.
Please speak to a member of staff for more information